A knitting gamer

My personal weblog about life, Knitting projects and video games. Yes, I am strange.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

What I did on my days off....

Besides waiting for maintenance to come and fix my bathroom last week for 2 days, I decided to dye some yarn and frog my two at a time toe up sox. I just wasn't happy with them. #1 they were too small (didn't increase enough before I started working them straight), #2 I was getting worried about doing the "afterthought heel". It sounds pretty confusing. So I took out my wonderful book by Cat Bordhi and decided to make the basic sock pattern. It began quite easily and ended the same way. I will take a picture of it once I finish the other sock. I have attached two pics that I took of it in-progress. Also, I dyed some yarn, as I said above. I hanked up 4 skeins of yarn. I dyed two of them in the Mango Kool-Aid and the other two was a two-toned red and green mixture. See all pictures below. (except the mango one , I forgot to take a pic. I'll do it later and add it here.)
Enjoy!!!







3 Comments:

Blogger Tisha said...

Yummy! I love that mango color...

7/30/2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger coxie said...

me too =) I'm lovin' the red and green hank, especially where the two colors mixed. It should make for some interesting sox.

7/30/2006 9:53 AM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

I've got Cat's book and eventually will cast on something from it - I hope!

Looking good there.

8/02/2006 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home