A knitting gamer

My personal weblog about life, Knitting projects and video games. Yes, I am strange.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

NJS&B Sweater Help

Here is a picture of a sleeveless sweater that I started working on when I had two days off of work. I'm a bit stuck right now because I've never gotten this far on a sweater front and I'm confused by the instructions. At the point I'm at right now, It's telling me to continue working until the armhole measures 7-1/2 inches. I don't know what I'm supposed to measure to get to that length. Do I measure from the base of the armpit and work until it measures 7-1/2 inches? Or am I wrong?
I used Lionband Microspun
yarn that I had lying around in French Vanilla, Lilac and Ebony.

Thanks, in advance, for any input. =)

Chris



5 Comments:

Blogger Zarzuela said...

Hi there and thanks for the welcome to the NJ SnB group! :)

What you wrote in your post is correct as far as I can tell. You want the armhole measurement to be from the armpit up to the point where the shoulder seam will be. That's also a very typical spot for the neck shaping to start. Hope that helps! Love the colors you are using. What pattern is this?

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

7/16/2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger coxie said...

Hi! Thank you so much!
I am using a pattern from the lionbrand website..
http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/kwes-shell.html.
I just used Lionbrand Microspun (http://cache.lionbrand.com/yarns/microspu.htm)and made a striped pattern. I basically dug into my stash and came up with that yarn. Luckily I had plenty of it. =)
One of these days when I actually finish it, I'll have to wear it to one of the knitting circle meetings (that I have yet to attend =0) )

7/16/2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

I'd measure straight up from the spot where the armhole starts to the stitches on the needle, not diagonally along the edge. Just my 2ยข.

7/16/2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

I'm no good at sweaters, but you have my admiration for using Microspun - it is so slick on the needles!

7/16/2006 10:18 PM  
Blogger coxie said...

Thanks! Surprisingly, it's not too bad to work with. I finished the front a few days ago and I'm anout halfway done with the back of it. I can't wait to finish it. I hope I like it on me when it's done...=)

7/23/2006 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home