A knitting gamer

My personal weblog about life, Knitting projects and video games. Yes, I am strange.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

It's been waaaay to long....


Well, It sure has been a while since I've posted anything to my little blog. This weekend my husband and I went to visit his brother. My sister-in-law called me and asked if I wanted to join her and friend on a little excursion to visit an LYS near them that they had never been to before. Needless to say, it seemed like it took us forever and a day to get there, but we finally made it. Now, thanks to those two, I have become obsessed and I haven't even finished my first sock yet! My sister-in-law helped me locate a basic pattern to try. (I have always wanted to try socks, but have been a little afraid to do so.) I had bought some nice sock yarn (you can see in the pictures) and a set of DPNS in size 2 and set out to work on my very first pair of socks!
I should give a little backgroung on this story....my sister-in-law is new to knitting, but learned how to knit socks. She became obsessed and was telling me about it. Then she showed me some of her pairs of socks that she made and that her friend Jodi made. I was hooked! I wanted to knit socks too! So she sat there with me last night and helped me through the majority of my first sock. I was delighted! I'm ready for more! lol
Anyways, here are some photos of the yet-to-be-finished first sock. Above is the partial sock and the skein of yarn that I am making it with, and below we have my beautifully done blue heel. =) and below that is just another close up of the sock.



So in closing for today, I just want to send out a HUGE!!! thanks to Tisha and Jody! I am completely obsessed. As if I wasn't already obsessed with knitting already. =)
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU



Oh, by the way...=) I almost forgot that we finally got our 360!!! Yeah!!! It's fantabulous!! lol OK OK for those of you that have ever read this page you can see how crazy I am. I had to keep with my knitting and gaming theme since those are two of the many things that I enjoy! SEE YA 'ROUND!! Happy knitting to all and to all a good night!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tisha said...

i love em....looks like u got bit by the sock bug too... cain't wait to buy more sock yarn...

3/06/2006 11:21 PM  
Blogger coxie said...

me either.. I'm sure I'll be calling you soon so we can place that order...lol

3/06/2006 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home